SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 21 (Stolen – No Employee Negligence)
This disposal method is used to dispose of property that has been stolen and an internal agency investigation determined there was NO employee negligence.
The following procedures should be followed when an asset is found to be stolen:
- Report stolen property to the appropriate law enforcement agency within 48 hours of realizing the property has been stolen.
- Immediately conduct an internal investigation to determine if there is employee negligence related to the stolen asset. Each agency must have internal policies established providing procedures to conduct an investigation for stolen property. See Missing or Stolen Property for more information.
- If it is determined that NO employee negligence is indicated, update the disposal method in SPA to 21, which will report the asset as stolen to the Comptroller’s office. If it is determined that there is employee negligence indicated, see Disposal Method 20 (Stolen – Employee Negligence).
- Report the stolen asset to the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) on form 74-194 within five (5) business days of discovery.
- Access the Disposal of Property (PADLET) screen on the Main Menu.
- Enter the property and component number. Press Enter.
- Enter disposal method 21 in the
- Press Enter. The message Enter Disposal Date appears.
- Enter the disposal date in the
DISPOSAL DATEfield (using MM-DD-YYYY format).
- Enter any proceeds in the
PROCEEDS FROM SALEfield. (Proceeds from sale can be updated after disposal using the Update Inactive Property screen)
- Press Enter. The message Press F4 To Continue Or F5 To Cancel appears.
- Press F4. The message Information Has Been Deleted appears.