SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 14 (Assets Sold that are Exempt by Law from the TFC Surplus Process)
This disposal method is used to dispose specific types of property sold directly by an agency as allowed by law. This includes, but is not limited to, guns sold to retired peace officers, and chairs sold to elected/appointed officials. See Sale of Capital Assets to State Employees for more information.
This disposal method is also used for the sale of livestock, agriculture equipment or other assets exempted from the surplus process by type, per Sec. 2175.303. EXCEPTION FOR CERTAIN PRODUCTS.
DM 14 is limited by class code/asset type. Please contact a SPA analyst to request the addition of any asset class codes that statutorily fall in this category, but are not currently included in the set class codes for this disposal method.
This type of property should not be entered into the surplus process.
- Confirm that payment for the property has been received by the agency.
- Access the Disposal of Property (PADLET) screen on the Main Menu.
- Enter the property and component number in the corresponding fields.
- Press Enter.
- Enter 14 in the
- Press Enter. The message Enter Disposal Date appears.
- Enter the disposal Date.
- Press Enter. The message Proceeds From Sale Value Required appears.
- Enter the sale price in the
PROCEEDS FROM SALEfield.
- Press Enter. The message Press F4 To Continue Or Press F5 To Cancel appears.
- Press F4. The message Information Has Been Deleted appears.