SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal of Surplus Property Not in SPA (ZZ property)
Non-capitalized or controlled property not on the SPA system can be entered in the TFC surplus process on SPA using the following procedures:
- Access the Add Property (PAPADD) screen on the Main Menu.
- Verify the agency number in the
AGENCYfield. SPA automatically defaults to the user’s agency number. If data is maintained for more than one agency, a different agency number may be entered by typing over the system-generated number.
- Enter a dummy property number in the
PROPERTYfield. This dummy number must start with ZZ and be no more than ten characters long. For example: ZZ00000001.
Note: ZZ property numbers do not show up on any SPA reports except Surplus Property Reports.
- Enter the component number in the
- Press Enter.
- Enter the fund number.
- Enter the receipt date in the
REC DATEfield (using MM-DD-YYYY format). If the receipt date is not known, use the current date.
- Enter the effective date in the
EFF DATEfield (using MM-DD-YYYY format).
Note: Do NOT enter a quantity greater than 1 or the asset will be rejected from the TFC inventory system. When entering a LOT of assets under one property number, report the quantity in the description field. For example, to surplus 9 chairs the description would be “LOT OF 9 CHAIRS”.
- Enter a description of the property in the 40-character
- Enter the class code in the
- Enter 99 in the
ACQ MDfield. (ZZ property must have acquisition method 99)
- Enter the acquisition cost in the
ACQ COSTfield. If you do not know the original cost, enter 1.00.
- Enter the current fiscal year in the
- Enter a detailed description of the exact location of the property in the
LOC 1field. (Required for internal agencies only.)
- Enter the first name of the person responsible for the property in the
- Enter the last name of the person responsible for the property in the
- Press Enter. The message Information Has Been Added appears.
- Press F3 to return to the Main Menu.
- Access the Surplus Property Process screen (PADGSC) and follow the procedures for “Disposal Method 05 (Surplus)” in this chapter.