SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 23 (Trade-In)
This disposal method is used to delete property used as a trade-in toward the purchase of a new property.
The value received for the trade-in must be recorded in the Proceeds from Sale field. The trade-in value must also be included in the acquisition cost of the property received as a result of the trade-in.
- Access the Disposal of Property (PADLET) screen on the Main Menu.
- Enter the property and component number in the corresponding fields. Press Enter.
- Enter the appropriate disposal method in the DISPOSAL METHOD field.
- Press Enter. The message Enter Disposal Date appears.
- Enter the disposal date in the
DISPOSAL DATEfield (using MM-DD-YYYY format).
- Press Enter. The message Disposal Method Requires a Comment appears.
- Enter a comment in the
COMMENTfield, this should include the property number of the new asset the trade in asset was exchanged for.
- Press Enter. The message Proceeds From Sale Value Required appears.
- Enter the proceeds amount, this is the value received for the trade in.
- Press Enter. The message Press F4 To Continue Or F5 To Cancel appears.
- Press F4. The message Information Has Been Deleted appears.