SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 24 (Completed Construction in Progress [CIP])
This disposal method is used to dispose of a completed CIP property (class code 090). A CIP property must be disposed of at the earliest occurrence of:
- Substantial completion of contract documents are executed
- The asset is placed into service
See Construction in Progress for more information.
- Access the Disposal of Property (PADLET) screen on the Main Menu.
- Enter the property and component number in the corresponding fields. Press Enter.
- Enter the appropriate disposal method in the
- Press Enter. The message Enter Disposal Date appears.
- Enter the disposal date in the
DISPOSAL DATEfield (using MM-DD-YYYY format).
- Press Enter. The message Disposal Method Requires a Comment appears.
- Enter a comment in the
COMMENTfield, this should include the new, permanent property number assigned to the completed asset.
- Press Enter. The message Press F4 To Continue Or F5 To Cancel appears.
- Press F4. The message Information Has Been Deleted appears.