SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 06 (Surplus/Advertised by TFC)
This code pertains to property currently in the TFC Surplus Process. When agencies enter assets into the TFC surplus property process via the Surplus Property Process screen in SPA, the property is assigned a DM05 until that night’s processing. The property is then automatically updated to a DM06 and sent on a nightly file to TFC. Once an asset is assigned DM06, it is locked in the SPA system and can only be updated by TFC.
TFC will evaluate the asset and complete one of the following actions:
- Reject the asset with a DM5r if there are errors or the agency notifies TFC the asset was entered in the surplus process in error.
- Advertise the asset on the TFC surplus property website.
During the advertisement, the agency must notify TFC if:
- The asset is requested for transfer to another state entity.
- Donated or sold to an assistance organization or political subdivision.
After the advertisement period, TFC will complete one of the following actions:
- Place the asset for sale to the public.
- Auction the asset.
- Donate or otherwise dispose of the asset.
- If the asset is data processing equipment, return a DM5c to SPA so the agency may send the asset to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Computer Recovery Program.
Property in this disposal method can only be updated by TFC, not the agency or a SPA analyst. If the asset was entered as surplus property in error or needs to be updated, contact TFC to request the property be released with a DM5R. Contact TFC for any questions related to assets in DM06.