SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 15 (Surplus Sent to the TDCJ Computer Recovery Program)
This disposal method is used for data processing equipment not sold or transferred through the surplus process or by other means.
Data processing equipment is defined as central processing units, front-end processing units, mini-processors, microprocessors and related peripheral equipment such as data storage devices, document scanners, data entry equipment, terminal controllers, data terminal equipment, computer-based word processing systems other than memory typewriters and equipment and systems for computer networks.
Please contact the TDCJ Computer Recovery Program for specific questions regarding what property they will take.
This disposal method should be used to delete data processing equipment after completion of the TFC advertisement and after pickup by TDCJ.
Property must be in a disposal method 5c before it can be updated to disposal method 15.
- Confirm that the property has been picked up by TDCJ.
- Access the Disposal of Property (PADLET) screen on the Main Menu.
- Enter the property and component number in the corresponding fields.
- Press Enter. Disposal method should be 5c.
- Enter 15 in the
- Press Enter. The message Press F4 To Continue Or Press F5 To Cancel appears.
- Press F4. The message Record Deleted appears.