SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 03 (Dismantled for Parts or Salvage with No Value [Trash])
Dismantled for Parts or Salvage with No Value (Trash) — Property that has been dismantled for parts, or is so damaged that it has no value and cannot be recycled or sold for scrap. This property is usually discarded as trash.
This does NOT include recyclables (including electronics), modular furniture, salvage/wrecked vehicles or scrap metal.
Property disposed under this method cannot have proceeds from sale; property that has value must be disposed of using the TFC surplus property process.
See Chapter 2 for more information on cannibalization or salvage property.
- Access the Disposal of Property (PADLET) screen on the Main Menu.
- Enter the property and component number in the corresponding fields.
- Press Enter.
- Enter 03 in the
DISPOSAL METHODfield of the Disposal of Property screen.
- Enter the disposal date (using MM-DD-YYYY format) in the
- Press Enter. The message Press F4 to Continue or F5 to Cancel appears.
- Press F4 to delete the record. The message Information Has Been Deleted appears.