SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 5c (Surplus/Pending Agency Disposal)
This disposal method is generated by TFC and cannot be entered in SPA by an agency or SPA staff.
TFC uses this code for property that has completed the TFC advertisement and has been requested by a political subdivision or assistance organization, or must be sent to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Computer Recovery Program.
Property must be advertised on the TFC Surplus Property Website for the entire advertisement period before it can be made available to political subdivisions or assistance organizations. State agencies have priority for the entire advertisement period.
Agencies are responsible for verifying an assistance organization’s eligibility.
For assets sold or donated to a political subdivision or assistance organization, agencies must contact TFC for steps to complete the transaction. TFC will then report a disposal method 5c to SPA and then the agency is responsible for updating the 5c to the following appropriate disposal method:
- DM 08 – Surplus property donated or sold to a political subdivision
- DM 09 – Surplus property donated or sold to an assistance organization
For data processing equipment, the property must first be advertised and complete the advertisement period. TFC will then automatically return a disposal method 5c to SPA and the agency is responsible for updating the disposal method to:
- DM 15 – Surplus data processing equipment that must be sent to the TDCJ Computer Recovery Program.
- Access the Disposal of Property (PADLET) screen on the Main Menu.
- Enter the property and component number.
- Press Enter.
- Update the 5r to the appropriate DM 08, 09 or 15.
- Press Enter.