SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Recovery of Deleted Property
Property can only be recovered by agency representatives with a security designated title code P or A or by a SPA analyst.
Property can be recovered if:
- Deleted in error
- It was previously reported as missing or stolen and has been found
Property should not be recovered to:
- Update information on property that has already been deleted, instead refer to the “Updating Inactive Property” or “Updating Hard Disposal Methods” procedures
- Change the disposal date
- Update the proceeds from sale; use the Update Inactive Property screen to update the proceeds on inactive property
- Access the Recover Deleted Property (PARCVR) screen on the main menu.
- Enter the property number in the
- Enter the component number in the
- Enter Y (yes) or N (no) in the
- Press Enter. The message Recovery Was Successful appears.
Data Fields Affected by the Recovery
- Disposal Method
- The disposal method used to delete the property will be removed when the property is recovered.
- Disposal Date
- The disposal date will be removed when the property is recovered.
- Effective Date
- If the original disposal occurred in a closed period, the effective date of the recovery will be assigned as the agency’s open date. If the disposal occurred in an open period, the effective date of the recovery will be assigned as the original disposal date.
- Class Code
- If the class code on the property being recovered is invalid, the SPA system will prompt you to change the class code before the property can be recovered.