SPA Process User’s Guide –
Chapter 6 – Deleting Property and Funds
Disposal Method 08 (Surplus Property Donated or Sold to a Political Subdivision)
This disposal method is used to delete surplus property donated or sold to a political subdivision. Assets are required to complete the 10-day TFC advertisement before they can be sold or donated to a political subdivision. The following steps must be completed before an asset can be disposed with disposal method 08:
- Asset must be entered in the TFC Surplus Process in SPA and complete the 10-day advertisement period. If a political subdivision contacts the agency to request the property during the TFC advertisement period, the organization must wait for the full 10-day advertisement period to complete. Requests from state agencies have priority over any other organizations during the entire advertisement period. If no state agency requests the property, the first organization requesting the property and agreeing to the price will be awarded the property.
- Once the advertisement is complete, the agency must contact TFC to request approval to donate or sell the asset to the assistance organization. Include a list of the asset numbers in the email.
- TFC, in conjunction with the agency, will determine the sales price, if any, for each item.
- Complete any TFC required procedures.
- TFC will then update the disposal method to a 5c in SPA. The asset must be in DM 5c before it can be updated to 08.
- After the organization has picked up the property, update the disposal method to 08 in SPA.
- Confirm that payment, if any, has been received and that the asset has been picked up by the receiving organization.
- Access the Disposal of Property (PADLET) screen on the Main Menu.
- Enter the property and component number in the corresponding fields.
- Press Enter. Disposal method must be 5c.
- Enter 08 in the
- Press Enter. The message Enter Disposal Date appears.
- Enter the disposal date. No entry defaults to current date.
- Press Enter. The message Disposal Method Requires a Comment appears.
- Enter the name of the political subdivision receiving the asset in the COMMENT field.
- Enter the proceeds, if any, in the
PROCEEDS FROM SALEfield. The proceeds from sale value is the amount for which the property was sold.
- Press Enter. The message Press F4 To Continue Or F5 To Cancel appears.
- Press Enter. The message Information has been Deleted appears.