Action Standards for USAS Profiles
Profile actions can be processed by either pressing Enter or the F6 key. Using the Enter key will blank out the information displayed on the screen. Using the F6 key will retain the information displayed on the screen.
Which actions can be performed on each profile is determined by the Security Profile (96A) for each user ID and user class combination.
- A (Add)
- By entering A in the ACTION field and pressing Enter or F6, the user can add a new profile record. When
a new profile record is added, the user will recieve the messaage Record Successfully Added.
Note: Since USAS will only accept records that are error-free, always look for this message before adding the next record.
- R (Recall)
- By entering R in the ACTION field and the profile control key then pressing Enter or F6, the user can recall (display) a previously
added profile record. Success of the recall function is indicated with the message Record Successfully Recalled. If the control key is not
found or the complete control key was not entered, the recall action will sometimes retrieve the next record and give the message Record
Not Found, Next Record Recalled. R is the initial default value when accessing a profile.
Note: This step must be performed before a record can be changed or deleted, or before a series of records can be viewed.
- C (Change)
- By entering C in the ACTION field, the user can change the contents of an existing profile record. The user must tab through the
data elements and re-enter only those fields to be changed. After changes are made, the user presses the Enter key or the F6 key to submit
the record to an edit process. Information in the control key cannot be changed.
Note: The profile record must first be recalled before it can be changed. Look for the message Record Successfully Recalled before changing it. Once changed, look for the message Record Successfully Changed.
- D (Delete)
- By entering D in the ACTION field and pressing Enter or F6, the user can delete an existing profile record.
Note: The profile record must first be recalled before it can be deleted. Look for the message Record Successfully Recalled before deleting it. Once deleted, look for the message Record Successfully Deleted.
- N (Next)
- By entering N in the ACTION field and pressing Enter or F6, the user can scroll through subsequent profile records one
at a time.
Note: Once the next record is retrieved, look for the message Next Record Successfully Read. If no more records exist, the message Record Not Found - End of File for Agency will appear.