Direct Deposit Processing
Direct Deposit Checklist
Must Haves for Forms
Always review Direct Deposit Forms to ensure they are complete and include:
- An answer to the International ACH Transaction (IAT) question — with the completed ACH Payment Destination Confirmation form if the payee marks “YES”
- Legible identification and banking numbers
- An authorized signature
Note: If information is missing or you cannot read it, never guess — contact your payee to verify.
- Is the payee already set up in TINS?
- Are there existing direct deposit instructions? If so, contact the custodial agency.
- Do the name and address on the form match any mail code in TINS?
- For a change, did the payee include the current direct deposit instructions for verification along with the updated instructions?
- For a cancellation, do you have the right mail code?
Verify Transaction Entry
The Comptroller’s office strongly recommends that agencies verify their direct deposit setups, changes and cancellations on the Direct Deposit Inquiry Screens.
Note: You should also review your agency’s Direct Deposit Reports every day.