State Payee Payment Resources
Updated: Feb. 4, 2021 – View Changes
Contact the state agency you are doing business with to request forms.
For assistance with payments, vendors should call the paying agency listed on the Paying Agency Contact List. If you need help determining which agency to contact or have other questions:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call the Comptroller’s Payment Services Help Line at (512) 936-8138 or toll-free (800) 531-5441, ext. 6-8138.
For most state government payments, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts plays the role of both bank and accountant. The Comptroller’s Fiscal Management Division processes payments and maintains the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
The process includes these steps:
- The payee acquires a Texas Identification Number that the state uses to track payments
- The payee provides goods or services to a state agency and submits an invoice.
- The agency uses the invoice to prepare and submit a voucher to USAS that includes where the payment should be sent based on the payee’s Payment Options.
- The Fiscal Management Division pays the bill according to state law. For more information, see State Payment Requirements and Payments On Hold.
|02/04/2021||Payment Resources page taken down temporarily until tutorials can be updated.|
|05/05/2015||Updated to reflect warrant size change.|
|04/02/2015||Announced date for warrant size change under Payment Options.|