State Payee Payment Resources
Updated: May 5, 2015 – View Changes
For most state government payments, the Comptroller of Public Accounts plays the role of both the bank and the accountant. The Comptroller’s Fiscal Management Division processes payments and maintains the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS).
The process includes these steps:
- The payee acquires a Texas Identification Number that the state uses to track payments
- The payee provides goods or services to a state agency and submits an invoice.
- The agency uses the invoice to prepare and submit a voucher to USAS that includes where the payment should be sent based on the payee’s Payment Options.
- The Fiscal Management Division pays the bill according to state law. For more information, see State Payment Requirements and Payments On Hold.
- Payees can readily track Payment Information. Here is How to Search Payments Online in the Search State Payments Issued application.
|Changes to this document|
|05/05/2015||Updated to reflect warrant size change.|
|04/02/2015||Announced date for warrant size change under Payment Options.|
|10/08/2014||Renamed page State Payee Payment Resources to reflect that the information applies to all payees, not just vendors.|
|03/28/2014||Included information on ITIN access, changes due to the new randomly assigned 7 numbers and a link to the Set Up Account Access help page under How to Search Payments Online.|