Skip to content

State Payee Payment Resources

Web Application

Search State Payments Issued


View entire document


Contact the state agency you are doing business with or the agency that issues your payments to request forms.



For assistance with payments, payees should call the paying agency listed on the Paying Agency Contact List. If you need help determining which agency to contact:

  • Email or
  • Call the Comptroller’s Payment Services help desk at (512) 936-8138 or toll-free (800) 531-5441, ext. 6-8138.

Other Resources

Payment Options

Payees can choose to receive their state payments electronically by direct deposit or as a state warrant (paper check).

Option Description Process
Warrant Same as a traditional paper check with a stub attached.
  • Warrants are printed by the Comptroller’s office on behalf of each state agency that processes payments via the statewide accounting system.
  • Warrants are distributed to the agency that issues the warrants.
  • The paying agency is responsible for mailing the warrants to its payees.
  • The payee may deposit the warrant to its financial institution or cash it at a check-cashing establishment, at their discretion.
Direct Deposit Electronic payments transmitted directly to your financial institution.
  • Paperless, so less cost to you and the state.
  • No mail delays or lost or stolen checks in the mail.
  • The payee contacts the paying agency to request payments by direct deposit and provides account information to the agency. If you receive payments on multiple mail codes, contact only one of the paying agencies for each unique mail code.
  • The paying agency processes the payee’s account information in TINS on one of the payee’s mail codes.
  • The agency submits a payment request to the statewide accounting system that issues the direct deposit payment.
  • The Comptroller’s office transmits the payment to the payee›s account on behalf of the paying agency.