Reporting of State Debts and Hold Offset Procedures (APS 028)
Issued: Nov. 22, 2005
Updated: Aug. 18, 2023 – View Changes
Warrant Hold Program or TINS
Payment Services at (512) 936-8138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Statewide Systems Operations & Payroll Policy
SPRS, HRIS Help Desk (512) 463-4008
CAPPS Authorized Support Staff Help Desk (512) 463-2277
State agencies and institutions of higher education.
Does not apply to:
- Junior or community colleges.
- Local state governmental entities such as cities and counties.
- Federal agencies.
- Other states.
- Business-to-business or person-to-person transactions.
State agencies and institutions of higher education (“agency”) are required to:
- Report to the Comptroller’s office a person (individual or entity) who owes a debt to the agency.
- Follow the Comptroller’s office procedures to ensure proper reporting and updating of state debt records.
The Comptroller’s office procedures for administering the warrant hold statutes, including the offset of state payments against a person’s state debt, are found in the Warrant Hold section of TexPayment Resource (FPP P.007).
|08/18/2023||Updated through acts of the 88th Legislature, Regular Session|
|07/30/2021||No changes resulted from the acts of the 87th Legislature, Regular Session.|
|09/06/2019||No changes resulted through the acts of the 86th Legislature, Regular Session; text updated for clarity|