Authorization for Warrant Pickup
Each agency is required to submit the Agency Authorization for Warrant Pickup form (74-189) and to designate their preferred method for warrant distribution from the Comptroller’s office, including:
- Authorized agency representatives or their delivery service can pick up warrants in person at the Comptroller’s office.
- The Comptroller’s Statewide Mail Operations can deliver warrants to the agency.
- The Comptroller can mail the warrants to the agency via U.S. mail.
Every two years, the Comptroller’s office requires all agencies to renew the form. The agency’s chief fiscal officer or agency head must sign it, as well as all agency representatives authorized to pick up warrants.
All authorization forms on file terminate at 5 p.m. on April 30. New forms are effective May 1.
Signatures must be physically hand-written with a pen. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
Agencies must retain a copy of the completed and signed form before submitting it to the Comptroller’s office via one the following methods:
- U.S. mail to the address on the form.
- Encrypted email with PDF copy to email@example.com.
- Fax to 512-475-5424.
The form must be updated whenever authorized personnel are removed or added, or the preferred distribution method changes. However, if your agency needs to deviate from its primary warrant distribution method on a particular day, contact Payment Services the day before to coordinate.
Except as noted in Warrant Pickup Requirements, the Fiscal Management Division provides a warrant pickup window each business day from 9-11 a.m. at:LBJ State Office Building
111 E. 17th Street, Ground Floor, Room G17
Austin, Texas 78774