Skip to content


Note: To navigate this guide on a mobile device you must use the Table of Contents.

Travel to U.S. Possessions, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or Mexico

A state employee is entitled to be reimbursed for actual lodging and meal expenses incurred while conducting state business at a duty point in a U.S. possession, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or Mexico. Prior approval by the agency’s chief administrator is not required.

Note: State agencies may reimburse passport or visa charges, airport boarding passes, departure taxes and inoculations.