Skip to content


Note: To navigate this guide on a mobile device you must use the Table of Contents.

Travel to Foreign Countries Other Than Canada and Mexico

A state employee is entitled to be reimbursed for actual lodging and meal expenses incurred while conducting state business at a duty point in a foreign country other than Canada and Mexico. Prior approval by the agency’s chief administrator or chief administrator’s designee is required.

Note: State agencies may reimburse passport or visa charges, airport boarding passes, departure taxes and inoculations.