Note: If an agency produces an unaudited hard copy AFR, it must include a transmittal letter with the unaudited hard copy AFR. Agencies may use the text below to create the transmittal letter.
- 1. Highlight and copy the text below.
- 2. Paste the copied text into a Word file.
- 3. Enter the date, agency name and all other agency-specific information as required (all areas highlighted
- 4. Enter the “Agency Executive” name and title below the signature area.
- 5. Save and print the file.
- 6. Sign the transmittal letter in the signature area.
- 7. Include the transmittal letter in the hard copy unaudited AFR.
Agency Transmittal Letter (for unaudited AFRs)
(Print on AGENCY LETTERHEAD)
Honorable Greg Abbott, Governor
Honorable Glenn Hegar, Texas Comptroller
Jerry McGinty, Director, Legislative Budget Board
Lisa Collier, State Auditor
Ladies and Gentlemen:
We are pleased to submit the annual financial report of the (agency name) for the year ended Aug. 31, 20CY, in compliance with Texas Government Code Annotated, Section 2101.011, and in accordance with the requirements established by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Due to the statewide requirements embedded in Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) 34, the Comptroller of Public Accounts does not require the accompanying annual financial report to comply with all the requirements in this statement. The financial report will be considered for audit by the state auditor as part of the audit of the State of Texas Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR); therefore, an opinion has not been expressed on the financial statements and related information contained in this report.
If you have any questions, please contact (employee chiefly responsible for the annual report) at (telephone number). (Employee chiefly responsible for reporting of federal information) may be contacted at (telephone number) for questions related to the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards.
Agency Executive Name and Title