Skip left Navigation
- Introduction to Warrant Hold
- Becoming a Hold Source Agency
- Reporting Debtor Records
- Hold Inquiry Screens
- Hold Reports
- Sequence of Events for Debtors
- Releasing Held Warrants
- Offset Process
- Cancellation of Held Warrants
- Hold Special Circumstances
Note: To navigate this guide on a mobile device you must use the Table of Contents.
Adjusting the Liability Amount
- Each time an offset is processed, the Comptroller updates the debt amount on the PHDCHG screen in TINS.
- The PHDCHG screen updates the information on the PYHOLD screen.
- When an offset results in the elimination of the state debt, the Comptroller deletes the hold record to prevent unlawful holds and offsets on other state payments.
- If the offset warrant is greater than the debt owed, the Comptroller’s office will issue an overage payment to the payee.