Direct Deposit Payments Made in Error
Vendor/travel reversals include payments to vendors and travel reimbursement payments to state employees. Funds received for vendor/travel reversals are deposited into the paying agency’s Fund 0980 in USAS.
A reversal request may be submitted by 4 p.m. beginning the business day after the payment’s
ISSUE DATE displayed on the Payee Payment Information (PYWRNT) screen but no later than four (4) banking days from the Settlement Date of the payment. The settlement date for a vendor/travel payment is two (2) banking days after the
ISSUE DATE on PYWRNT.
EXAMPLE: This example applies to a reversal request for a vendor and travel payment, as well as a supplemental payroll (non-bi-monthly, non-monthly).
- A vendor payment for an incorrect amount was issued on Monday, Jan. 14.
- The payment is transmitted to the ACH network on Tuesday, Jan. 15. This is the first day a reversal request may be submitted for this payment.
- The payment Settlement Date is Wednesday, Jan. 16, two (2) banking days after the
ISSUE DATEof Jan. 14.
- The deadline to submit a reversal request to Payment Services is Wednesday, Jan. 23, four (4) banking days from the Jan. 16 Settlement Date of the payment.
- A reversal request received on the last available date of Jan. 23 is transmitted on Thursday, Jan. 24, which is five (5) banking days after the Jan. 16 Settlement Date of the payment, as required by NACHA.
Example Jan. 2019 Calendar—Vendor/Travel or Supplemental Payroll Payment
Payment Issue Date
Payment Transmit Date
Payment Settlement Date
BANK CLOSED (Holiday)
REV. REQ. DEADLINE
Day 5 from Settlement Date to Transmit Reversal
|Reversal Request Period|