Mail Code Submission
Mail codes are three digits and define the mailing instructions for a warrant and the direct deposit information associated to that mail code, when applicable. The list of Batch T-Codes also include T-codes for mail code submission. The mail code:
- Must include T-code 600 for a master account setup and T-Code 650 for a mail code setup when the TIN does not exist.
- Must be T-code 650 for a new mail code setup, regardless of whether the TIN already exists.
- Must not already exist for a mail code setup (T-code 650).
- Must already exist for mail code changes (T-codes 651 – 656).
- Must already exist for direct deposit setups, changes and deletions (T-codes 660 – 664).
The following are transaction restrictions for batch processing:
- A mail code setup and a change to the same mail code cannot be submitted within the same day’s batch file. Mail code changes may be submitted at least one business day after the mail code setup has processed.
- A direct deposit setup must be submitted at least one business day after the mail code setup has processed.