Introduction to Batch Transactions
Electronic file transfer is a batch process in which transactions process overnight in TINS. Errors are reported the next day on Batch Reports and on the Payee Maintenance History (PMTHIS) screen. You must have security to submit transactions via the nightly processing cycle.
If applicable, remember to keep your agency’s internal system in sync with TINS.
Agencies may submit transactions via batch to TINS, which provides batch submission for the following processes:
- Transactions to set up or update payee, direct deposit and hold records
- TINS Mid-day Validation Process
- Interagency transfers for direct deposit
- Mail code address overrides
- Payee number changes
- Payee number merges
- Requests to activate or inactivate a mail code. See ACR 60094
- Security level changes on mail codes secured by another agency
- Requests to set the Hold Bypass Indicator on a mail code
Note: Payee, direct deposit and hold transactions submitted by batch that do not process successfully or that process with a warning in TINS are listed on the agency reports. It is the agency’s responsibility to monitor their TINS reports. Prompt attention to these reports and registers minimizes the risk of delaying payments and/or generating erroneous payments.