- Certification Pay, Education Pay, and Bilingual Pay
- Clothing and Cleaning Allowances
- Compensatory Per Diem
- Corporal Pay – Texas Department of Public Safety
- Differential Payments – Texas Military Department
- Employees of the Legislative Branch
- Evening, Night or Weekend Shift Salary Differential
- Fire Prevention/Safety Pay
- Goods and Services Provided to Employees
- Hardship Station Incentives
- Hazardous Duty Pay
- TxDOT Hazardous Duty Pay
- Incentives, Enhanced Compensation and Expenses for High-Performing Employees of the Comptroller’s Office
- Maximum Security and Behavioral Management Unit Salaries
- Payment for Compensatory or Holiday Time
- Permanent School Fund Bonus
- Salary Provisions for Certain Employees of the Texas Juvenile Justice Department
- Special Provisions Equal to Salaries Paid by the Austin Independent School District (AISD)
- Stand-by Pay
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Plan (SNAP) Bonuses
- Supplemental Pay for Certain Judges
- Supplemental Pay for the Officers of the Department of Public Safety (DPS) of the State of Texas
- Supplemental Pay from a County or Municipality – Department of Family and Protective Services
- Texas Juvenile Justice Department Hazardous Duty Pay
- Tips (Gratuities)
- Veteran’s Award
Texas Payroll/Personnel Resource
Note: To navigate this guide on a mobile device you must use the Table of Contents.
Employees of the Legislative Branch
By statute, policies on employment practices such as holidays, use of vacation leave, salary actions and adjustments are established by the designated authority.
Employment policies are established by the presiding officer of either branch of the Legislature for employees of:
- Each house of the Texas Legislature (Senate and House of Representatives)
- A member of the Legislature
- The lieutenant governor
The presiding officer of the Senate is the president of the Senate, who is also the lieutenant governor.
The presiding officer for the House of Representatives is the speaker of the House.
For employees of a legislative agency, the policies are set by the administrative head of the agency.
Government Code, Chapter 659, Section 659.251; Chapter 661, Section 661.154; Chapter 662, Section 662.002.