Skip to content

SPA Process User’s Guide
Chapter 7 – Transferring Property

Transferring or Receiving Property from External to External Agencies

Note: External agencies are institutions of higher education not reporting to SPA. Internal agencies are all state agencies and those institutions of higher education using the SPA system or reporting to SPA via batch. Please refer to the Internal/External SPA Institutions of Higher Education List and notify your SPA analyst if your agency’s status is incorrect.

Transfers between two external agencies cannot be entered into SPA.

Universities that do not report to SPA must follow the Financial Reporting Requirements in Sale, Disposal or Interagency Transfer of Capital Assets – External Agencies to report external transfers.