CAPPS HR/Payroll Year-End Processing Instructions
Issued: July 15, 2016
Updated: July 12, 2019 – View Changes
Aug. 21, 2019
CAPPS HR/Payroll Department Budget Changes Due
Aug. 30, 2019
CAPPS HR/Payroll Job and Position Changes Effective Prior to 9/1/19 and Terminations Prior to 9/2/19 Must Be Entered in CAPPS by 5 p.m.
Aug. 30, 2019
CAPPS HR/Payroll Shuts Down at 5 p.m. for FYE
Aug. 31 – Sept. 2, 2019
CAPPS HR/Payroll Unavailable
Sept. 3, 2019
CAPPS HR/Payroll Available at 7 a.m.
Please contact your agency’s CAPPS support staff.
Authorized agency support staff may contact the CAPPS Help Desk at (512) 463-CAPP (2277) for additional assistance.
State agencies using the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) HR/Payroll module (CAPPS Central agencies only).
CAPPS Central agencies must follow these instructions to properly prepare for the fiscal year-end (FYE) process.
You must provide agency-specific details to the CAPPS Production Support staff at the Comptroller’s office, such as employees to be restored to Temporary Assignment after the rollover to fiscal 2020, etc.
The CAPPS Production Support staff will complete the rollover steps on your agency’s behalf while the system is down.
All steps on the schedule must be completed before you can:
- Enter any 9/1 Job Data transactions or Position Data updates (except terminations effective Sept. 1, 2019)
- Run the September payroll
Note: The CAPPS Production Support staff will also carry out the Standardized Payroll/Personnel Reporting System (SPRS) Fiscal Year-End Processing Instructions for the Rollover to Fiscal 2020 for CAPPS Central agencies. Hub agencies are responsible for completing the SPRS fiscal year-end process.
- Normal processing will be available until 5 p.m. on Aug. 30, 2019.
- All transactions processed on Aug. 30 will be sent to SPRS before the CAPPS team begins the FYE process.
- The system will be unavailable beginning at 5 p.m. on Aug. 30 through Labor Day, Sept. 2, 2019.
- Normal CAPPS activities will resume at 7 a.m. on Sept. 3.
Note: This schedule is subject to change and will be updated as necessary.
|07/12/2019||Updated for rollover to fiscal 2020|
|07/13/2018||Updated for rollover to fiscal 2019|
|07/14/2017||Updated for rollover to fiscal 2018|