Reporting Requirements for Annual Financial Reports of State Agencies and Universities
Instructions for the SEFA Web Application
Step 14. Final Certification
Ensure the following relationships are true before beginning the Final Certification process:
- The SEFA Note 2 – Reconciliation is fully reconciled to the fund financial statements.
- All data is believed to be in its correct and final form and presents a complete representation of the agency’s federal expenditures.
After all of the above are true, complete the Final Certification process below:
- Access the Main Menu.
- Click Final Certification.
The system automatically links to the Final Certification screen.
- Review the certification statement on the Final Certification screen.
- Enter the name, title, email and telephone number for the individual responsible for SEFA.
- Click Submit Final Certification.
The system automatically displays a message stating that the agency was certified along with the contact information.
Note: Agencies must submit final certification by Nov. 1.