FMX Home
Glenn Hegar  ·  Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

Reporting Requirements for Annual Financial Reports of State Agencies and Universities

Pass-Through Activity

Employer ID Number (EIN) Reporting

An Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number, identifies a business entity. Request an EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at (800) 829-4933 or visit the IRS website.

The website also contains information on updating entity information (such as mailing address, phone numbers, etc.).

As part of the final SEFA certification process, the agency must verify the EIN each year. The verification is included in the following certification statement in SEFA:

“Note: Prior to submitting the Certification Statement, make sure that missing program names, non-state entity names and ID numbers have been entered and verified.”

Glenn Hegar
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Questions? Contact
Comptroller.Texas.Gov | FMX
FMX Sitemap | Contact FM
Accessibility Policy | Privacy and Security Policy