Reporting Requirements for Annual Financial Reports of State Agencies and Universities
Cash in State Treasury Presentation
- General Revenue Fund 0001 — Agencies must not report Cash in State Treasury (CIST) using GL 0045 for appropriated fund 0001. Agency 902 is the controlling agency for fund 0001 and records the entire Aug. 31 cash balance as CIST. Agencies report CIST for a consolidated GR account that retains its dedication.
- For Shared Funds — The controlling agency reports the entire cash balance and a due to other agencies to match the due from other agencies for accrued liabilities of the non-controlling agency. The amount of the due from/due to must be coordinated by the controlling and non-controlling agencies and is subject to the interfund activities deadline. For more information, see Shared Funds.
Note: All agencies must report the cash balance in CIST (GL 0045) for appropriated fund 0369. Do not offset with shared cash (GL 0047).
- Record revenue recognition for actual collections that support agency
operations by the collecting agency regardless of the fund in which the collections
For example, agencies receiving federal funds directly from the federal government and depositing the money into fund 0001 must recognize federal revenue on their AFR even if they are not the controlling agency. The controlling agency does not recognize the revenue.
- For shared funds, the non-controlling agency must report a transfer in equal to cash expenditures and accruals. The controlling agency must report a transfer out for the same amount. These amounts must be coordinated by the controlling and non-controlling agencies and are subject to the interfund activities deadline. No exceptions will be made to this rule. For more information, see Shared Funds.
- Agencies with committed fund 0001 (for example, an appropriation for general revenue not supported by agency collections) report the following on separate lines:
- Original legislative appropriations calculated as committed revenue less rider reductions
- Additional appropriations to cover fringe benefits funded by an oversight agency