Skip to content

Reimbursements for Unemployment Compensation Payments (APS 003)

Issued: Nov. 22, 2005
Updated: Sept. 6, 2019 – View Changes

FPP A.035


View entire document



Questions on this policy statement should be directed to your agency’s appropriation control officer.


For CAPPS questions, please contact your agency’s CAPPS support staff.

Authorized agency support staff may contact the CAPPS Help Desk at (512) 463-CAPP (2277) for additional assistance.

This APS has not been updated yet to reflect changes made by the 87th Legislature, Regular Session. The updated APS will be available soon (by mid-September).


Applicable to

State agencies and institutions of higher education


State agencies (agencies) and institutions of higher education (institutions) must reimburse the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) for unemployment benefits paid by TWC to former state employees.

Legal citation

Labor Code, Section 201.011; Government Code, Sections 403.011 and 2101.035; General Appropriations Act, Article VII-36, Rider 5, and Article IX-70, Section 15.01 (2019).


CAPPS logo

This icon indicates information applicable to the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).

Changes to this Document
Date Updates
09/06/2019 Updated through the acts of the 86th Legislature, Regular Session
09/08/2017 Updated through the acts of the 85th Legislature, Regular Session
09/03/2015 Updated through the acts of the 84th Legislature, Regular Session; added CAPPS information