USAS and CAPPS Financials Invoice Number Field Requirements
Agencies have a responsibility to keep confidential information private. Data items described in Business and Commerce Code, Section 521.002 must not be entered into a field not specifically created for that information unless explicitly allowed by Comptroller’s office policy. Disallowed data includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number or government-issued identification number
- Credit card number (see CBA and CLIBA Numbers)
- Bank account or routing numbers
- Medical information as covered by the Protected Health Information (PHI) Prohibition*
- Any other sensitive information
* The PHI Prohibition includes medical payment-related information such as name, address, birth date, Social Security number or any part thereof that identifies or can be used to identify an individual.
Note: Under no circumstances should agencies enter into the USAS or CAPPS Financials invoice number and description fields confidential or sensitive information such as complete or partial Social Security numbers or any other information covered by the PHI Prohibition.