FMX Home
Glenn Hegar  ·  Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

Restricted Expenditures
Persons Indebted to the State

For detailed information on agency responsibilities related to the warrant hold program, refer to the TexPayment Resource and Fiscal Policies and Procedures E.037, Reporting and Verification of State Debts and Hold Offset Procedures.

Sources [+]

Texas Education Code Sections 57.48, 57.482; Texas Family Code Section 231.007(a)–(k); Texas Government Code Sections 403.055(a)–(l), 403.0551, 403.0552, 2107.008, 2252.903(a)–(d).

Dollar threshold for checking warrant hold on payment cards and emergency purchases

Agencies and institutions are required to verify a vendor's hold status for payments made with local funds and payment card purchases over $500. Emergency payments are not subject to this requirement.

There is no need to verify vendor hold status for payments made with appropriated funds through the Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS). The system automatically checks for holds and identifies payments issued to individuals and entities with outstanding state debts.

The Texas Identification Number System (TINS) is the system of record for accessing vendor hold information. Field staff unable to access TINS may use the Vendor Hold Search website.

For more information on verifying warrant holds see the Warrant Hold tab of TexPayment Resource.

Glenn Hegar
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Questions? Contact
Comptroller.Texas.Gov | FMX
FMX Sitemap | Contact FM
Accessibility Policy | Privacy and Security Policy