Travel Advance Account and Petty Cash Account (APS 010)
Issued: Nov. 22, 2005
Updated: March. 25, 2022 – View Changes
- Request a New Petty Cash Account or an Increase to an Existing Account
- Request Location Change for Existing Petty Cash Accounts
- Request Reclassification of Petty Cash Account Type
- Reimbursement of Travel Advance Expenses and Petty Cash Accounts
- Depositing Earned Interest
- Reducing or Closing Out Petty Cash Accounts
- Reimbursement of Lost, Stolen or Missing Petty Cash Accounts
- Financial Reporting Treatment Example
- Texas Comptroller Manual of Accounts (FPP Q.009)
- State of Texas Annual Cash Report
- USAS Balances for Imprest, Petty Cash and Travel Advance Accounts (FPP A.045)
See USAS Balances for Imprest, Petty Cash and Travel Advance Accounts (FPP A.045) for related due dates.
Contact your appropriation control officer with general policy or USAS questions.
Contact your agency’s CAPPS support staff with CAPPS questions.
Authorized agency support staff may contact the CAPPS help desk at (512) 463-CAPP (2277) for additional assistance.
State agencies and institutions of higher education.
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (Comptroller’s office) requires state agencies and institutions of higher education to complete the steps outlined in APS 010 for establishing, administering, overseeing and reducing or closing out travel advances and petty cash accounts.
Government Code, Sections 403.241-403.252, 660.025.
Texas Administrative Code, Title 34, Part 1, Chapter 5C, Rule 5.22(h).
This icon indicates information applicable to the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).
|03/25/2022||Updated petty cash procedures|
|02/11/2022||Updated petty cash procedures|
|09/10/2021||No changes through acts of the 87th Legislature, Regular Session|
|09/06/2019||No changes resulted through the acts of the 86th Legislature, Regular Session; edited for style and clarity|