HRIS Online Inquiry and Entry Guide –
Chapter 2 – HRIS Personnel Inquiry Screens
Personnel Inquiry Screen: ES
HRIS inquiry screens enable you to access personnel data online. Inquiry
screens are accessed from the Inquiry Screen Menu or directly from the
ALT CMD field.
There are four types of data fields in HRIS:
- Key Mandatory fields (KM) – You must enter data in the key mandatory fields to access specific records. HRIS cannot recall a transaction without this data. The key mandatory fields, when combined, distinguish one record from all other records.
- Mandatory fields (M) – You must enter data in the mandatory fields for all add/change transactions. If the data is not entered, HRIS will reject the record during processing.
- Available fields (A) – These fields are available for use as needed. Available fields can be used to limit the amount of data that displays on an inquiry screen.
- Protected fields (•) – You cannot enter data in protected fields.
ES – Employee Search Screen
This screen displays personnel information about an employee and the employing agency or agencies.
- Enter ES in the
OPTIONfield of the Inquiry Screen Menu.
– or –
From any screen in HRIS, press Home to advance to the top-left corner of the screen at the
ALT CMDfield, then enter ISES.
- Press Enter. The Employee Search screen appears.
USER123 F48CISES HRIS MM/DD/YYYY 02:27:36 ALT CMD: ____ EMPLOYEE SEARCH SCREEN PAGE: 1 LAST FIRST AGENCY: ___ SSN: _________ NAME: ____________________ NAME: __________ SELECT EXACT: Y SSN NAME AGY ----------- -------------------------- --- -ENTER- -F1- -F2- -F3- -F4- -F5- -F6- -F7- -F8- -F9- -F10- -F11- -F12- PVSC MAIN MENU PGBK PGFW TOP BOT END 9035 PLEASE ENTER SSN OR LAST NAME
- Enter the following key mandatory fields:
Enter the employee’s agency number if you are authorized to view data at more than one agency. Otherwise, it will default based on your security access.
Enter the employee’s Social Security number (SSN), if known. The system displays the employee’s name.
LAST NAME (
If the employee’s SSN is unknown, enter the employee’s last name. The system displays the employee’s SSN.
FIRST NAME (
If the employee’s SSN is unknown, enter the employee’s first name, if known, along with the last name. The system displays the employee’s SSN and name.
SELECT EXACT (
Leave the indicator Y in this field if you want an exact search. Enter N if you want a broader search.
- Press Enter.
- The following information displays:
Displays the Social Security number of the employee you are searching for.
Displays the name of the employee you are searching for.
Displays the agency numbers where the employee has been employed, limited to the agencies you have access to view.