Payment Cards for Payroll/Annuity Net Pay (PayCards)
- Employees at Uniform Statewide Payroll/Personnel System (USPS) agencies return the completed PayCard Enrollment Authorization (74-224) PDF to their payroll offices.
- Agencies must review forms for legibility and completeness.
- Agencies must sign the State Agency Use Only section of enrollment forms certifying the required disclosure documents were received by the payee.
- Agency payroll offices submit the forms to Fiscal Management’s Payment Services section by encrypted email to email@example.com, fax to (512) 475-5424 or interagency mail.
- Fiscal Management staff enters the authorization form information in the Bank of America Prepaid Administration Tool (PAT).
- Fiscal Management sends a report to agencies with the routing and account numbers so agency staff can complete the setup of the direct deposit instructions for the paycard on the H0BUI (Direct Deposit) screen.
- The employee’s net pay can be loaded on the paycard based on the EFT instructions provided to USPS.
Note: Remember, the setup of direct deposit instructions for the paycard must be completed no later than 10 days before payrolls are processed to take effect for that pay period. A warrant will be issued for a payroll payment processed before the direct deposit instructions are active.