Appropriations for the Salary Increase Allocation for Certain State Positions
Issued: Aug. 17, 2005
Updated: Aug. 9, 2023 – View Changes
- State agencies
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Texas Permanent School Fund Corporation
- All staff at the Windham School District and Texas Juvenile Justice Department
- Non-instructional staff at the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Texas A&M University System service agencies
- Article X agencies
The enactment of Senate Bill 30 provides a 5 percent increase in monthly salary with a minimum increase of $250 per month for certain state positions beginning July 1, 2023, and ending Aug. 31, 2023, and appropriates any related employee benefit costs associated with the salary increase required by the General Appropriations Act (GAA), Article IX, Sections 17.03 and 17.06. House Bill 1, the General Appropriations Act (GAA), extends the SB 30 increase from Sept. 1, 2023, through Aug. 31, 2024 (i.e., through appropriation year [AY] 2024), and provides for an additional 5 percent increase in annual salary with a minimum annual increase of $3,000 for AY 2025. It also appropriates any related employee benefit costs associated with the salary increase required by GAA, Article IX, Sections 17.03 and 17.06. The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts provides information on the appropriations for the salary increase.
For more information, see:
- Guidelines for the Salary Increase for Certain State Positions (FPP F.017)
- Changes to Article IX of the GAA and Other Bills of Interest to State Agencies (FPP F.008)
SB 30, Section 9.01, 88th Legislature, Regular Session.
HB 1, GAA, Article IX, Section 17.16, 88th Legislature, Regular Session.
This icon indicates information applicable to the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).
|08/09/2023||Edited to clarify impacts of the 88th Legislature, Regular Session|
|06/23/2023||Updated through acts of the 88th Legislature, Regular Session|