ACR 42683 — SPRS System Change
March 15, 2012
In preparation for the Texas Identification Number System (TINS) payee number conversion scheduled for March 2014, Standardized Payroll/Personnel Reporting System (SPRS) Application Change Request (ACR) 42683 migrated on March 15, 2013.
This is phase two of the changes discussed at the Payee Number Conversion Update on Dec. 4, 2012. (Phase one created fields behind the scenes.)
In March 2014, the Comptroller’s office is converting the payee numbers in TINS that begin with 2 to generic numbers that begin with 7. TINS will be modified to remove the Social Security number (SSN) from the 2-based payee numbers.
- Current Payee Number = 2 + Nine-digit SSN + Check digit + Mail code
- New Payee Number = 7 + Nine-digit system-generated number + Check digit (calculated the same as now) + Mail code (mail codes are not changing)
SPRS needs to be modified to use the new payee numbers and ensure that payee information can be sent to the Uniform Statewide Accounting System and TINS.
Implementation of the upcoming TINS payee number changes in SPRS requires three phases. In phase two, this ACR makes the changes needed to personnel and payroll processing.
SPRS now features modified screens, reports and personnel/payroll extracts that access the new fields on the payee master table in TINS.
Note: Even though the changes have been made to reports, screens and extracts, the new 7-based payee numbers will not appear until the conversion in March 2014.
- SHSRCH (Employee Search Screen)
- SHEMPL (Employee Descriptive Information)
- Exception Transaction Listing (SPRR550-01 & SPRR560-01)
- Payroll Deduction Transactions (SPRPUS4-01)
- Direct Deposit Register (SPRRREG-01)
- Warrant Register (SPRRREG-02)
- Warrant Hold Register (SPRRREG-03)
- Zero Net or Return Money Register (SPRRREG-04)