USAS Accounting and Payment Control
Preventative Control: Edit for Document Tracking Control
Agencies may elect to have the document tracking control edit on the Agency Profile (DØ2) set to either:
- Prevent a user from releasing a batch that the same user entered or altered for the agency, or
- Warn the user when the same user attempts to release his or her own entries or changes.
The document tracking control edit triggers a message on the Batch Balancing (502) screen:
- If the agency chooses to prevent the user who entered or changed a batch from releasing a batch, USAS displays the message: Different User Must Release Batch. The batch is not released.
- If the agency chooses to warn when the user who entered or changed a batch is releasing a batch, USAS displays the message: Same Person Should Not Enter/Change a Transaction Then Release. Press Enter to Continue. The batch is then released.
- If the agency selects neither option, then USAS functions as usual without additional warnings or controls.
To invoke this edit, agencies must request an update to Position 18 of the Data-Related Errors section of the DØ2 profile by emailing email@example.com. Requests should include the preferred edit option: Blank (Fatal) or W (Warning). I (Ignore) is the default value.
These edits cannot be used with system-generated/alpha batch types, but can be used with these batch types:
- 1 – Budgetary
- 2 – Revenue
- 3 – Encumbrance
- 4 – Expenditures
- 5 – Journal Vouchers
- 6 – Payroll
- 7 – Torts
- 8 – Journal Voucher Balancing
The edit is triggered when a user who entered or altered any transaction in the batch tries to release a batch. Re-computing a batch or scrolling through a batch in change or in view mode does not trigger the edit. Oversight staff cannot override the edit.
This control was implemented with Application Change Request (ACR) 23765.