HRIS Online Inquiry and Entry Guide – Higher Education
About this Manual
The procedures and keyboard commands throughout this manual are written for a standard keyboard. The procedures and keystrokes in the HRIS Online Guide must be adjusted to reflect any modifications made in an agency's accounting system.
This manual explains how to view and enter information in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) database. The HRIS online inquiry feature enables you to view your institution's data while the online entry feature lets you update that data.
This manual has five chapters:
- Chapter 1 — "Customer Information Control System (CICS)"
- explains how to log on and log off the CICS application and the USAS application on the Comptroller's office mainframe computer. This chapter also includes sections on password guidelines and contacting the Comptroller's office Help Desk.
- Chapter 2 — "HRIS Personnel Inquiry Screens"
- explains how to access the HRIS inquiry feature for personnel information. This chapter also describes the HRIS Personnel Inquiry Screen Menu and shows the HRIS Personnel Inquiry screens that are currently available.
- Chapter 3 — "HRIS Personnel Online Data Entry"
- explains how to access and enter personnel information into the HRIS database.
- Chapter 4 — "HRIS Payroll Inquiry Screens"
- explains how to access the HRIS inquiry feature for pending and posted payroll information.
- Chapter 5 — "HRIS Payroll Online Data Entry"
- explains how to access and enter payroll information into the HRIS database.