Skip to content

Unclaimed Property Annual Notification

Updated: Jan. 4, 2019 – View Changes


View entire document


No Events Scheduled


To search for unclaimed property (institutions of higher education only), please follow the instructions on the website.

To claim property, please contact the Comptroller’s Unclaimed Property Division at or call (800) 321-2274, select option 1, then 3.


Applicable to

State agencies and institutions of higher education


Unclaimed property turned over to the state includes property that may belong to state agencies or institutions of higher education. If agencies and institutions do not claim property after an annual notification, the Comptroller’s office deposits the money into unappropriated General Revenue (GR).

Agencies and institutions are encouraged to contact the Comptroller’s Unclaimed Property Division or search regularly for assets (see Claiming Property for more). When inquiring about unclaimed property, it is important to try variations on the agency name as the database reflects how the money was reported, which may not be the official agency name (see Tips for Searching Property for more).

Legal cite

Property Code Section 74.601 (g)

Changes to this Document
Date Updates
01/04/2019 Updated for calendar year 2018 UP
01/08/2018 Updated for calendar year 2017 UP
01/06/2017 Updated for calendar year 2016 UP
01/08/2016 Updated for calendar year 2015 UP

Back to Top

PDF documents require the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.