Guidelines for the Salary Increase for Certain State Employees
Increase for Salary Schedule A & B Employees
House Bill 1, General Appropriations Act (GAA), Article IX, Section 18.02, 84th Legislature, Regular Session, provides authority for an increase for employees paid on Salary Schedules A & B.
|Fiscal Year||Effective Date||Annual Increase in Salary|
|2016||Sept. 1, 2015||2.5 percent|
- The Comptroller’s office will allocate the salary increase appropriations to each state agency and to the applicable benefit appropriations. Refer to Appropriations for the Salary Increase for Certain State Employees (FPP A.009) for more information.
- The allocated appropriations may only be used for providing the salary increase and paying the associated employee benefit costs.
- The appropriations generally cover employees of state agencies, including employees of the Higher Education Coordinating Board, who contribute to the Employees Retirement System (ERS).
- The appropriations for a salary increase do not include the following:
- Return-to-work retirees or other employees who do not contribute to ERS
- Justices and judges of the appellate and district courts
- Compensatory per diem board or commission members
- District attorneys
- Criminal district attorneys
- County attorneys performing the duties of a district attorney
- Employees of institutions of higher education (except for certain employees of institutions of higher education who were formerly employees of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice [TDCJ] and who continue to contribute monthly to ERS)
- The GAA salary increase rider does not authorize any salary rate above the maximum rates specified in the classified salary schedules.