Where the Money Goes Requirements
Reclassifying Transactions as Confidential
Agencies that submit a transaction and mistakenly fail to mark the transaction as confidential may request the Comptroller’s office to reclassify the transaction as confidential for Where the Money Goes. Please note:
- This reclassification applies to the Where the Money Goes database only and not USAS. There is no procedure to adjust USAS history.
- Reclassification does not apply to information already downloaded from the Data Center.
To send a request to reclassify an expenditure as confidential for Where the Money Goes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your agency name, agency number and agency contact (email and phone)
- A brief explanation of the confidentiality issue
- The payee or payees exactly as they appear
- The comptroller object containing the confidential information
- The date or date range involved
- The dollar amount(s)
- The USAS Document number(s) and any other details to identify the specific records to reclassify
A Comptroller’s office representative will contact you to confirm your request and go over any details.