USPS Reports Guide –
USPS Reports by Number –
Report 974 Insurance Salary Transactions
This report displays the new insurance salary for each employee and the pays that are included to calculate the insurance salary. It is automatically run during the insurance rollover each FYE. This process will either insert or update a 09/01/XXXX HMTU1 record for the new fiscal year with the new insurance salary and premiums using transaction code FYE for all employees with a HØBUS employee status of 1 or 2. Employees who elected to have no coverage will have $0.00 used; board members and legislators who currently have district judge salaries will have the annual salary for district judges used.
An agency can elect to run either both monthly and semi-monthly employees together or individually using HMQU1.
Employees with invalid insurance carriers will have a 09/01 record created or updated. Errors will be printed on Report 991. These HMTU1 records will need to be corrected with a valid carrier prior to running the September regular payroll.
Employees with no change in insurance salary will not be included on the report or the ERS file but will have a 09/01 HMTU1 record created.
Additionally, a file is generated with the new insurance salaries and is sent to the Employees Retirement System. Employees with a retirement code equal to X will be included.
This report will automatically be run as a result of employee salary changes effective September 1 that were entered on HMPHR or HNHBK after the agency has run their fiscal insurance rollover. For agencies that employ both monthly and semi-monthly employees, only semi-monthly employees will be re-rolled until the monthly employee rollover is done.
If an HMP salary change is done after the initial Insurance Roll an Auto Insurance Roll will occur. An R will populate the HMQU1 screen and during the cycle Report 974 will be produced and a new tape sent to ERS with the new salary change. This only occurs until the ERS cut off for INS Salary changes.
|Distribution||Agency, Employees Retirement System|
|Frequency||Annually at Fiscal Year-End|
|Sort Sequence||Organization Code, Employee Number|
|Page Break||Organization Code|
|Databases Used||HØB, HØC, HØZ, H1Ø, H7O, HID, HMP, HMQ, HMT, HNH, HNP|
|Selection Criteria||All employees with a hire date less than 9/1/XXXX and a termination date greater than 09/01 or null.|
|Produce Output?||Yes – Tape and Report|
|Request Screen||HMQU1: INUSURANCE (HMT) – B for all, M for monthly, or S for semi-monthly, R for reroll. This field is set to N by this report.|
|Posting Report?||Yes – HMTU1 is updated.|
This report/rollover can be run as many times as needed to complete the insurance rollover. Only salaries that have changed from what was previously reported to ERS will be included on the new report/tape.
This report will stop run each night a salary change has been made until the date set on Agency 0, HNKU9 position end date field.
- ORGANIZATION CODE HNH.ORGCODE
- Displays the employee's organization code.
- AS OF HMQ.ROLLEFFDT
- Displays the date of the new fiscal year.
- SALARY TRANSACTIONS GENERATED FOR
- Displays the pay frequency being rolled.
- EMP SSN HØB.EMPLOYEENO
- Displays the employee's SSN.
- EMPLOYEE NAME HID.LASTNAME
- Displays the employee's last name.
- BASE SALARY HNH.HSALARY
- Displays the employee's base salary used to determine the insurance salary.
- LONGEVITY/COLA PAY DERIVED FROM H1Ø
- Displays the employee's longevity and cost of living adjustment pay used to determine the insurance salary. Longevity is projected to 09/01 to capture the new longevity rate, if applicable.
- HAZARDOUS/CORP PAY DERIVED FROM H1Ø
- Displays the employee's hazardous duty and corporal pay used to determine the insurance salary. Hazardous duty pay is projected to 09/01 to capture the new hazardous duty rate, if applicable.
- DIFF SLRY/BRP PAY DERIVED FROM H1Ø
- Displays the employee's shift differential and benefit replacement pay used to determine the insurance salary. Regardless of the employee's leveling preference, the leveled amount will be used. For example, employee's with a ERS retirement type will have $85.57 used.
- INS SAL DERIVED
- Displays the employee's new insurance salary.
Note: Insurance salary is the sum of an employee's monthly base, longevity, hazardous duty, BRP, shift, corporal and cost of living pay that are in effect on September 1 of the fiscal year.
An hourly employee's base pay is: ((Hourly rate * 2080) divided 12) * assigned FTE
A part time employee's base pay is monthly base pay * assigned FTE.
For calculation of insurance salary, the monthly BRP amount for leveled employees will be used. If an employee is not projected to earn sufficient wages that would allow leveling, then the calculated BRP amount for their salary would be used. The BRP amount will be calculated based on the retirement type of the employee. Retirement type (which determines which BRP factor to use) comes from whichever retirement deduction is set up with an active frequency on HØZUC.
- TOTALS DERIVED
- Displays the total number of records read, processed, bypassed and transactions created. Bypassed records include on-leave employees, those who denied insurance, and elected officials at the Senate or House of Representative.
REPORT: 974 UNIFORM STATEWIDE PAYROLL/PERSONNEL SYSTEM PAGE: 1 AGENCY: XXX XXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX RUN DATE: XX/XX/20XX 6002060020 INSURANCE SALARY TRANACTIONS RUN TIME: 2:00:00 AS OF 09/01/20XX SALARY TRANACTIONS GENERATED FOR : MONTHLY EMPLOYEES EMP SSN EMPLOYEE NAME BASE SALARY + LONGEVITY/ = HAZARDOUS/ + BRP PAY/ COLA PAY/ CORP PAY DIFF SLRY JUDGE PAY = INS SAL ----------- -------------------------- ----------- ---------- --------- ---------- ---------- XXX-XX-XXXX XXXXXXX, XXXXXXX 2,585.00 100.00 0.00 85.57 2,770.57 XXX-XX-XXXX XXXXX, XXXXXXXXXXXX 2,622.22 20.00 0.00 0.00 2,642.22 XXX-XX-XXXX XXXXXXXXXX, XXXX 3,142.42 80.00 0.00 85.57 3,310.99 XXX-XX-XXXX XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXX 4,265.25 100.00 0.00 85.57 4.450.82 XXX-XX-XXXX XXXXXXXXXX, XXX 2,622.22 80.00 0.00 85.57 2,787.79 XXX-XX-XXXX XXXXXX, XXX 2,622.22 60.00 0.00 85.57 2,767.79