USPS Reports Guide –
USPS Reports by Number –
Report 1009 Employee Diagnostics Listing
This report displays employee-level transactions that caused an error during PAY020 and PAY040 of the overnight payroll process. These can include transactions entered on payroll batches and transactions from the pending file. In order for these transactions to process, the error needs to be corrected either by fixing the online entry or deleting the transaction from the pending file and re-entering it onto a batch if necessary.
Multiple Report 1009s can generate on any given night. A report will generate for each agency generated batch and for each system generated batch.
|Frequency||Runs with payroll.|
|Sort Sequence||Batch Number, Employee Number, Sequence Number|
|Databases Used||H0C, H0I, HSC, HUA, HUE, HUD, HUZ, T10, H1K|
|Selection Criteria||All transactions that were processed on the payroll through a batch.|
|Request Screen||Not requestable by the agencies. Automatically runs each night.|
|Additional Notes||Processes in PAY020.
** EDIT/REPORT RUN ** will display in the top left corner of the report if the report was produced from a trial/edit payroll. This report will generate twice only when a final payroll is rejected. Use the latest RUN TIME/DATE, which is found in the top right corner of the report.
- BATCH NO
- Displays the batch number assigned by the agency or the system during the processing. Batch 0 is system generated and usually made up of pending transactions, cancellations, and manual paysets.
- ENTRY DATE
- Displays the date the transaction was entered for processing.
- SEQ NO
- Displays the sequence number assigned the transaction.
- EMPLOYEE NUMBER
- Displays the employee's SSN.
- TRAN CODE
- Displays the code defining the type of transaction. Common codes:
225 Generated deduction changes 280 Generated special pay changes 4## – 6## Manual payset/adjustment 700 Payment request on HUA 8## Deduction transaction on HUD. ## indicates the deduction number. 9## Special payment request on HUE. ## indicates the special pay number.
- Displays the phase of the edit and file maintenance program.
- CARD COL
- Displays the column numbers of the transaction where the error occurred. See report 1001, 1003, 1017, or 2007 for the transaction detail.
- MSG NO
- Displays the number assigned to the error message.
- FIELD IN ERROR
- Displays the name of field that contained an error.
- ERROR MESSAGE
- Displays an error message associated with the Msg No. that describing the reason for the error.
- Displays the value that was in error. Numeric values represent dollar amounts, dates, or transaction codes. Decimal points will not be printed.
- TOTAL NUMBER OF ERRORS
- Displays the number of transactions found with errors.
REPORT: 1009 UNIFORM STATEWIDE PAYROLL/PERSONNEL SYSTEM PAGE: 1 AGENCY: XXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX RUN DATE: XX/XX/20XX EMPLOYEE DIAGNOSTICS LISTING RUN TIME: 20:22:14 ** EDIT/REPORT RUN ** BATCH NO. 6 ENTRY SEQ EMPLOYEE TRAN CARD MSG DATE NUMBER NUMBER CODE PHS COL. NO. FIELD IN ERROR ERROR MESSAGE ----CONTENTS--- 09232004 7581 XXXXXXXX X 905 198 17-19 912 TRAN CODE STOP PAY DELETED ON SUPPLEMENTAL PAYROLL 905 09232004 7582 XXXXXXXX X 946 198 17-19 912 TRAN CODE STOP PAY DELETED ON SUPPLEMENTAL PAYROLL 946 TOTAL NUMBER OF ERRORS 1238