ACR 60270 – SPA System Change
Effective Dec. 3, 2019
Effective Dec. 3, 2019, State Property Accounting (SPA) Application Change Request (ACR) 60270 created a new comma separated value (CSV) report that generates nightly. It is used to report the status of property that is currently in the Texas Facilities Commission (TFC) surplus process or has completed the process. The report lists property in the specific surplus disposal methods.
State agencies needed a report that provides a list of all property in the TFC surplus process along with related surplus information.
A new CSV report was created that generates nightly and lists properties in surplus disposal methods. The report was created for all SPA agencies and is available for download every morning. This report is a status report only for assets in the surplus process and should not be used for financial purposes.
Report is titled SPASURP – Surplus Asset Details by Disposal Method
The report has four sections:
- Section 1 – 06 SENT TO TFC – Lists all assets in disposal method 06. DM06 indicates surplus property sent to the TFC surplus process by an agency. Property is locked in DM06 while the property is advertised by TFC and until TFC updates SPA with the next appropriate surplus disposal method.
- Section 2 – 5C PENDING AGENCY FINAL DISPOSAL – Lists all assets in disposal method 5C. Property listed in 5C has completed the TFC advertisement and is now ready for final agency disposal in SPA with one of the following methods:
- DM 08 – Surplus property donated or sold to a political subdivision
- DM 09 – Surplus property donated or sold to an assistance organization
- DM 15 – Surplus data processing equipment that must be sent to the TDCJ Computer Recovery Program
- Section 3 – 5R REJECTED BY TFC – AGENCY CORRECTION NEEDED – Lists all assets in disposal method 5R. Property listed in 5R has been rejected by TFC for advertisement on the Advertise Surplus Property website. Reasons for rejection include, but are not limited to, incorrect VIN or incomplete asset information. This DM can also be used by TFC when an agency notifies them that a property has been advertised as surplus in error, or needs a correction to data entered by the agency.
- Section 4 – FINAL DISPOSALS – Lists all assets in final disposal methods 08, 09, 15, 33 or 34 that were disposed in the current open fiscal year.
- Assets in DMs 08 and 09 will display the data entered by the agency in the SPA CPNT_CMNT_TX field in the DISPOSAL COMMENT field. This should be the name of the political subdivision or assistance organization the asset was donated to by the agency.
- Assets in DM 15 will display TDCJ COMPUTER RECOVERY in disposal comment field.
- Assets in DM 33 will display SOLD BY TFC in disposal comment field.
- Assets in DM 34 will display DONATED BY TFC in disposal comment field.
|FULL FIELD NAME||REPORT FIELD TITLE|
|DISPOSAL METHOD||DSPL METH|
|SURPLUS DATE||SURP DATE|
|DISPOSAL DATE||DSPL DATE|
|PROPERTY NUMBER||PROP NR|
|CLASS CODE||CLASS CODE|
|SERIAL NUMBER||SERIAL NR|
|SURPLUS DESCRIPTION||SURP DESC|
|DISPOSAL COMMENT||DSPL COMMENT|
|ACQUISITION COST||HIST COST|
|PROCEEDS FROM SALE||PROCEEDS FROM SALE|
- Within each section, the report is ordered by PROPERTY NUMBER and then COMPONENT NUMBER (ascending).
- After each section will be a COMPONENT NUMBER total.
- After each section will be a sum of total ACQUISITION (historical) COST.
- After each section will be a sum of the PROCEEDS FROM SALE.
For More Information See:
- Surplus Property
- SPA Disposal Methods
- Daily Generation of SPA Ad Hoc Reports (login required)
- Surplus Property Resources