ACR 28962 – SPA System Change
Aug. 20, 2010
ACR 28962 modifies the State Property Accounting System (SPA) effective Aug. 20, 2010.
The SPA Update Fund Value (PAUVAL) screen is designed to allow a user to increase or decrease fund value at the fund/component level. The screen does not include a breakdown in asset value at the entity fiscal year level, which allows for a decrease in value greater than the amount available for the entity fiscal year. This can cause a negative balance in the SPA system.
SPA is also unable to process multiple entries at one time on the PAUVAL screen and issues the warning message Please Limit Updates to Only One Add or Decrease Per Property at This Time. However, a user is still able to initiate multiple entries that only partially process in SPA.
The PAUVAL screen will be modified to:
- Prevent a decrease greater than the amount available for that entity fiscal year and prompt the user to make additions or decreases directly to the correct fiscal year.
- Include the depreciable entity fiscal year for each fund next to the fund column.
- Remove the depreciable entity fiscal year field from the record header.
- Process multiple transactions at one time.
- Remove the system warning message Please Limit Updates to Only One Add or Decrease Per Property at This Time.
- Include a component selection field to allow the user to display the desired component of a multi-component property. (The field will default to blank and display all components in the property.)
- Add an edit to verify that the effective date for an addition is within the current/open fiscal year.
- Update Fund Value (PAUVAL) screen
For more information
Stacy Parker at email@example.com or (512) 463-5895