ACR 28958 – SPA System Change
Dec. 10, 2010
ACR 28958 modifies the State Property Accounting System (SPA) effective Dec. 10, 2010.
The SPA application (both online and batch) does not currently edit the effective date and in-service date against the fiscal year entered when adding a property. The SPA application does not provide a means to add a prior fiscal year property.
The system will be modified to provide for:
- Editing to ensure that the effective date and in-service date entered on a property record are within the fiscal year indicated.
- Editing to ensure updates to the in-service date are within the fiscal year entered for the property.
- A function to allow for the entry of a property record for an asset purchased in a prior fiscal year but not recorded in SPA.
The new function, called Add Prior FY Property, is identical to the current Add Property function in SPA, with the exception that the effective date is protected from entry and defaulted to 09/01 of the “open” fiscal year. The property addition will be restated for the prior fiscal year entered in the SPA fiscal year field (in online entry the field is called
FISCAL YR: and in batch in the field is called FISCAL_YEAR.)
Note: The ACR creates the Add Prior Fiscal Year Property (PAPPFY) screen to record prior fiscal year properties via the SPA online application. This function will be available via batch.
When to Use the Add Property Function
Use the Add Property function to add property purchased in the current fiscal year and in the subsequent fiscal year, when SPA is open for two fiscal years. As always, be sure to use an effective date that corresponds to the fiscal year of the property purchase. For example, use an effective date between 09/01/2009 and 08/31/2010 for a property purchased in 2010 and an effective date between 09/01/2010 and 8/31/2011 for a property purchased in 2011.
When to Use the Add Prior FY Property Function
Use the Add Prior FY Property function to add property purchased in a prior fiscal year. A prior fiscal year is one that is no longer “open” in SPA, such as fiscal 2009, 2008, etc. The effective date will be protected from entry and will default to 09/01 of the current fiscal year that is open in the SPA system. The prior fiscal year property addition will be restated for the prior fiscal year that is entered online in the SPA fiscal year field on the screen (
FISCAL YR:) and via batch in the fiscal year field (FISCAL_YEAR).
The system will produce the following new error messages:
- Effective Date Not Within Fiscal Year Entered
- In-Service Date Not Within Fiscal Year Entered
- Use PAPPFY Screen to Enter Prior FY Asset
- Use PAPADD Screen to Enter Open FY Asset
- Add Property (PAPADD) screen
- Update Property (PAPUPD) screen
- Update Financial Information (PAAVAL) screen
- Add Prior Fiscal Year Property (PAPPFY) screen New
- T-Code I layout – New edits on the EFFECTIVE DATE, IN_SERVICE_DATE and FISCAL_YEAR
- T-Code Blank layout – New edits on IN_SERVICE_DATE and FISCAL_YEAR
For more information
Contact Stacy Parker at email@example.com or (512) 463-5895.