Skip to content

Annual Estimate of Optional Retirement Program (ORP) State Contributions

FPP A.003

Filling Out the Forms

About the Forms

Annual Certification

Use the Annual Certification of Estimated Optional Retirement Program (ORP) State Contributions PDF form (74-210) to estimate the funds your college will need for fiscal 2020.

The annual certification form must be completed and submitted to the Comptroller’s office by Aug. 15, 2019.

Monthly Payment Request

Use the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) Monthly Payment Request PDF form (74-211) to receive monthly state matching contributions. The form must be completed, signed by an authorized college official and mailed, faxed or emailed to the Comptroller’s office (see addresses and fax number below).

Junior colleges should submit payment requests using their nine-digit Employer Identification Number (EIN) instead of their three-digit repeater number. Payments for fiscal 2020 will be paid to the EIN.

Note: Please do not send any confidential information such as Social Security numbers — this information is not required.

Estimating the funds

When completing the forms, carefully consider your college’s program participation trend and projected employment of eligible personnel.

If your college’s needs exceed the estimated amount, you must recertify before additional funds are disbursed.

If a later analysis reveals state contributions were overpaid, the overpayment amount must be returned immediately. See Returning ORP Funds below for details.

Submitting the Forms

Submit completed forms by mail, fax or email:


ORP Analyst
Fiscal Management Division
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
P.O. Box 13528
Austin TX  78711-3528


(512) 936-5999


(512) 463-3039


All email correspondence must be directed to the email address below:

Returning ORP Funds

To return overpayment of ORP reimbursements, colleges should issue a check payable to the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and mail to:

ORP Analyst
Fiscal Management Division
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
P.O. Box 13528
Austin TX  78711-3528

Please specify the period for which the returned funds were received by your college. Any additional information you wish to include to explain the original receipt is appreciated.

Direct Deposit Changes?

Direct Deposit Instructions

To make changes to your direct deposit instructions (account number, financial institution, account type, etc.), use the Direct Deposit Authorization PDF form (74-176) and select the appropriate box in Section 1. Follow the instructions on Page 2 of the form for guidance on completing any other sections that may be required. Use mail code 830 on all requests.

Address Change

To make changes to your address, complete Section 3 of the Payee Change Request form (74-157). Use mail code 830 on all requests.

Direct Deposit Authorization and Payee Change Request forms can be obtained by contacting the ORP Analyst at (512) 475-0966.

Advance Notification

To receive Advance Payment Notification, you can create a mycpa account.

For questions on the Direct Deposit Authorization form, Payee Change Request process or Advance Payment Notification, contact Payment Services at (512) 936-8138.

Note: ORP funds for institutions of higher education are appropriated directly to each institution and are not allocated from the appropriation made to the Comptroller’s office.