USAS Annual Close Process
Issued: Aug. 3, 2005
Updated: July 6, 2018 – View Changes
Aug. 17 – Sept. 4, 2018
Please see Master Schedule of Year-End Close Events
See Contacts in the Master Schedule of Year-End Close Events
State agencies and institutions of higher education
The Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS) annual cash-basis close for fiscal 2018 will occur on Friday, Aug. 31, 2018.
Agencies should continue to schedule critical payments in USAS during the year-end close timeline.
Although USAS may not be available for online entry or inquiry from 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 31, until 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4, the prompt payment law is still in effect. The unavailability of USAS is not a valid reason for refusing to pay interest to a vendor for a payment that is late.
Scheduling Critical Payments at Year-End
Note: This section also applies to agencies using the Financials application of the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).
Payments for Appropriation Year 2018 and Prior Years
- Payments with due dates or requested payment dates of Aug. 31 must be entered, released, final-approved and error-free in USAS on or before Tuesday, Aug. 28.
- Payments with due dates or requested payment dates of Sept. 1 must be entered, released, final-approved and error-free in USAS on or before Tuesday, Aug. 28.
- Warrant distribution is not available on Saturday, Sept. 1. Therefore, payments due on Sept. 1 must be distributed on Friday, Aug. 31.
Note: Failure to enter these payments on time may result in the payments being distributed after their due dates and require the payment of interest.
- Although some appropriations may be expiring, the Comptroller’s office still requires you to follow usual scheduling procedures.
Payments for Appropriation Year 2019
- Appropriation year (AY) 2019 payments cannot be processed in USAS until Sept. 4, 2018.
- For all critical appropriation year 2019 payments due Sept. 1, 2018 (including lease payments):
- Enter no later than Wednesday, Aug. 29
- Use edit mode 0
- Use 09/01/2018 for the batch header effective date
- Use 09/01/2018 for the detail transaction effective date
- Release or pre-release these batches.
Note: Payments for error-free transactions processed on Sept.4 will be distributed Wednesday, Sept. 5.
Appropriation Year and Payment Due-Date Guidance
- See Appropriation Year Determination in eXpendit (FPP I.005) for information on which appropriation year should be used for a payment, including exceptions to AY determination (for example conferences and utilities).
- For more about payment due dates, see Submitting Due Dates and Payment Due Date and Requested Payment Date.
- See also the Appropriation Year and Fiscal Year Comparison chart in USAS Reference (FPP Q.012).
- Contact Expenditure Assistance for additional information or assistance.
Please see the 2018 Master Schedule of Year-End Close Events.
|07/06/2018||Updated for fiscal 2018|
|06/30/2017||Updated for fiscal 2017|
|07/01/2016||Updated for fiscal 2016|