USAS Annual Close Process
Issued: Aug. 3, 2005
Updated: July 2, 2020 – View Changes
Aug. 10 – Sept. 2, 2020
Please see Master Schedule of Year-End Close Events
See Contacts in the Master Schedule of Year-End Close Events
State agencies and institutions of higher education
The Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS) annual cash-basis close for fiscal 2020 will occur on Monday, Aug. 31.
Agencies should continue to schedule critical payments in USAS during the year-end close timeline.
Although USAS may not be available for online entry or inquiry from 7 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 31, until 7 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 2, the prompt payment law is still in effect. The unavailability of USAS is not a valid reason for refusing to pay interest to a vendor for a payment that is late.
Scheduling Critical Payments at Year-End
Note: This section also applies to agencies using the Financials application of the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).
Payments for Appropriation Year 2020 and Prior Years
- Payments with due dates or requested payment dates of Aug. 31 must be entered, released, final-approved and error-free in USAS on or before Wednesday, Aug. 26.
- Payments with due dates or requested payment dates of Sept. 1 must be entered, released, final-approved and error-free in USAS on or before Thursday, Aug. 27.
Note: Failure to enter these payments on time may result in the payments being distributed after their due dates and require the payment of interest.
- Although some appropriations may be expiring, the Comptroller’s office still requires you to follow usual scheduling procedures.
Payments for Appropriation Year 2021
- Appropriation year (AY) 2021 payments cannot be processed in USAS until Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020.
- For all critical AY 21 payments due Sept. 1, 2020 (including lease payments):
- Enter no later than Thursday, Aug. 27
- Use edit mode 0
- Use 09/01/2020 for the batch header effective date
- Use 09/01/2020 for the detail transaction effective date
- Release or pre-release these batches.
Note: Payments for error-free transactions processed on Sept. 1 will be distributed Wednesday, Sept. 2.
Appropriation Year and Payment Due-Date Guidance
- See Appropriation Year Determination in eXpendit (FPP I.005) for information on which appropriation year should be used for a payment, including exceptions to AY determination (for example, conferences and utilities).
- For more about payment due dates, see Submitting Due Dates, Payment Due Date and Requested Payment Date and Payment Due Date and Requested Payment Date Field FAQs.
- See also the Appropriation Year and Fiscal Year Comparison chart in USAS Reference (FPP Q.012).
- Contact Expenditure Assistance for additional information or assistance.
Please see the 2020 Master Schedule of Year-End Close Events.
Outstanding Warrants Void Aug. 31
The Outstanding Warrants Control Report (DAFR8171) is generated on the first Friday of every month. Agencies should monitor their reports before warrants become void on Aug. 31.
The Outstanding Warrant Report (DAFR 8161) can be requested through the Report Request Profile, USAS 91 screen. It includes two special select options:
- SPEC SEL 1: Provides a report by payee number in ascending order. To select this report, enter V on the 91 screen and check that the SPEC SEL 2 field is blank.
- SPEC SEL 2: Provides a report for specific dollar amount thresholds in descending order. To select this report, enter values A-D on the 91 screen as follows:
- A = over $500
- B = over $1,000
- C = over $5,000
- D = over $10,000
The 91 Report Request Profile in USAS Coding Instructions (FPP Q. 010) provides detailed information on this profile screen.
Contact your Appropriation Control Officer with any questions.
|07/02/2020||Updated for fiscal 2020|
|07/08/2019||Updated for fiscal 2019|
|07/06/2018||Updated for fiscal 2018|
|06/30/2017||Updated for fiscal 2017|